YDT 2016 Ends;
To Be Named
Yarn Discovery 2016 has ended and the organizers are busy gathering information from all 15 shops to select winners of the three big prize baskets, with names to be drawn randomly and announced on this website as well as the YDT Facebook page on Thursday, Sept. 29.
In addition, winners of the 15 individual shop prize baskets awarded by the 15 shops on this year’s Tour will be randomly drawn at each shop and will be announced along with the three big prize winners.
A total of 23 needlework companies (listed to the left) have generously donated their quality products to fill the prize baskets. More details on the 18 prize baskets can be seen in the rules for participation listed below.
This year YDT went back to its roots with a return to the original focus of full-service yarn shops that primarily sell knit and crochet supplies and also offer instructional classes.
The 15 shops participating in Northeast Ohio’s 9th annual “shop hop” for fiber enthusiasts are listed to the left, and can also be found on the YDT Google Map to the left.
2016 YDT Rules
1. Purchase a $5 passport from any participating shop listed, and the first 700 to register will also receive a YDT 2016 tote bag and 6-inch ruler.
2. Spend a minimum of $10 at a participating shop from September 6-24, get your passport stamped, and receive a free pattern and entry in a drawing for that shop’s prize basket ($100 value).
3. Get your passport stamped at multiple shops and qualify for drawings for prize baskets full of hundreds of dollars of yarns and accessories:
* 5 shops — Cool Prize Basket
* 10 shops — Awesome Prize Basket
* All 15 shops — Grand Prize Basket
4. Passports may be used on any of the 19 days of the tour during each shop’s regular business hours. In addition, all shops have agreed to be open during the following common YDT hours:
* Thursdays & Fridays 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
* Saturdays & Sundays 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
NOTE: Participating shops may have different hours on Mondays through Wednesdays (some may be closed), and some shops may have longer hours on Thursdays through Sundays. All regular shop hours will be printed on each passport. More information on each shop can be found on their individual websites.
* * *
Last Year’s YDT
In last year’s Yarn Discovery Tour, Lora Meyer won the Grand Prize Basket overflowing with quality yarns and accessories. Her name was drawn at random from those who had their passports stamped at all 21 shops on the tour.
Other multi-shop winners included Ann-Marie Santin (15-shop Extraordinary Prize Basket), Barb Gray (10-shop Awesome Prize Basket) and Peggy Christman (5-shop Cool Prize Basket).
Counting prize baskets awarded by each of the 21 shops on the tour, a total of 25 prize winners were drawn at random from the record 677 fiber enthusiasts who participated in last year’s 8th annual Northeast Ohio “shop hop.” The previous record was last year’s 567 Tourists.
Along with opportunities to have their names drawn as winners of the prize baskets, each Tourist received a 2015 YDT tote bag and measuring tape.
Winners of all 25 prize baskets included:
21-Shop Grand Prize Winner
* Lora Meyer
15-Shop Prize Winner
* Ann-Marie Santin
10-Shop Prize Winner
* Barb Gray
5-Shop Prize Winner
* Peggy Christman
Individual Shop Prize Winners
* Andrea Baker (Artists’ Gallery)
* Regina Fraser (Bare Naked Wools)
* Harriet Smith (Black Locust Farm)
* Pat Blanche (Cornerstone Yarns)
* Mary Partlo (Crochet Innovations)
* Mark Snyder-Schulte (Ewes d’Bleu)
* Janet Scheid (Fine Points)
* Carol Metz (Harps & Thistles Yarn
* Teresa Burner (Heidi & Lana)
* Barb Gray (Knit Wit Knits)
* Jana Vermeer (My Sister’s Yarn Shop)
* Susan Plummer (RaeMarie Yarns)
* Tricia Cregger (River Colors Studio)
* Leanne Rzeszotarski (Sally’s Shop)
* Dolly Welch (Smith’s Knitshop)
* Karen Verderber (The Artful Yarn)
* Christine Krysa (The Designing Woman)
* Miriam Rosenblatt (The Flaming Ice Cube)
* Mary Adams (The Grainary)
* Beth Johnson (The Knit Shop)
* Kris Wyler (Whistler’s Glen Alpaca Farm)
* * *