Shops, Rules Announced
For Yarn Discovery Tour
The Yarn Discovery Tour is going back to its roots in 2016 with a return to the original focus of full service yarn shops that primarily sell knit and crochet supplies and also offer instructional classes.
Rules for participation in 2016 (see below) are virtually identical to last year.
A total of 15 shops (see full list in the lefthand column) have signed up to participate in Northeast Ohio’s 9th annual “shop hop” for fiber enthusiasts, which will begin on Tuesday, Sept. 6, and run through Saturday, Sept. 24.
Google Maps has been updated with the locations of all 15 shops, and can be reached from the link in the map to the left.
We will be updating this website as more information becomes available, including an updated list of participating sponsors who will be providing a variety of quality needlework products for the prize baskets described in the rules below.
2016 YDT Rules
1. Purchase a $5 passport from any participating shop listed, and the first 700 to register will also receive a YDT 2016 tote bag and 6-inch ruler.
2. Spend a minimum of $10 at a participating shop from September 6-24, get your passport stamped, and receive a free pattern and entry in a drawing for that shop’s prize basket ($100 value).
3. Get your passport stamped at multiple shops and qualify for drawings for prize baskets full of hundreds of dollars of yarns and accessories:
* 5 shops — Cool Prize Basket
* 10 shops — Awesome Prize Basket
* All 15 shops — Grand Prize Basket
4. Passports may be used on any of the 19 days of the tour during each shop’s regular business hours. In addition, all shops have agreed to be open during the following common YDT hours:
* Thursdays & Fridays 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
* Saturdays & Sundays 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
NOTE: Participating shops may have different hours on Mondays through Wednesdays (some may be closed), and some shops may have longer hours on Thursdays through Sundays. All regular shop hours will be printed on each passport. More information on each shop can be found on their individual websites.
* * *
Yarn Discovery Tour
2015 Prize Winners
Lora Meyer won the 2015 Yarn Discovery Tour Grand Prize Basket overflowing with quality yarns and accessories from 21 different needlework companies. Her name was drawn at random from those who had their passports stamped at all 21 shops on the tour.
Other multi-shop winners included Ann-Marie Santin (15-shop Extraordinary Prize Basket), Barb Gray (10-shop Awesome Prize Basket) and Peggy Christman (5-shop Cool Prize Basket).
Along with prize baskets awarded by each of the 21 shops on the tour, a total of 25 prize winners were drawn at random from the record 677 fiber enthusiasts who participated in this year’s 8th annual Northeast Ohio “shop hop.” The previous record was last year’s 567 Tourists.
Along with opportunities to have their names drawn as winners of the prize baskets, each Tourist received a 2015 YDT tote bag and measuring tape. Full details on this year’s Tour can be seen below under rules for participation.
This year’s 19-day Tour was the longest in the event’s 8-year history and featured longer weekend hours for the convenience of Tourists trying to visit all 21 shops.
Winners of all 25 prize baskets include:
21-Shop Grand Prize Winner
* Lora Meyer
15-Shop Prize Winner
* Ann-Marie Santin
10-Shop Prize Winner
* Barb Gray
5-Shop Prize Winner
* Peggy Christman
Individual Shop Prize Winners
* Andrea Baker (Artists’ Gallery)
* Regina Fraser (Bare Naked Wools)
* Harriet Smith (Black Locust Farm)
* Pat Blanche (Cornerstone Yarns)
* Mary Partlo (Crochet Innovations)
* Mark Snyder-Schulte (Ewes d’Bleu)
* Janet Scheid (Fine Points)
* Carol Metz (Harps & Thistles Yarn
* Teresa Burner (Heidi & Lana)
* Barb Gray (Knit Wit Knits)
* Jana Vermeer (My Sister’s Yarn Shop)
* Susan Plummer (RaeMarie Yarns)
* Tricia Cregger (River Colors Studio)
* Leanne Rzeszotarski (Sally’s Shop)
* Dolly Welch (Smith’s Knitshop)
* Karen Verderber (The Artful Yarn)
* Christine Krysa (The Designing Woman)
* Miriam Rosenblatt (The Flaming Ice Cube)
* Mary Adams (The Grainary)
* Beth Johnson (The Knit Shop)
* Kris Wyler (Whistler’s Glen Alpaca Farm)
* * *