Prize baskets pictured above were awarded to (clockwise from bottom right) 5-Shop Winner, 10-Shop Winner, and two Grand Prize 14-Shop Winners.
Yarn Discovery Tour
2012 Prize Winners
A total of 18 prize winners were drawn at random from more than 400 fiber enthusiasts who participated in Northeast Ohio’s 5th annual Yarn Discovery Tour.
Shirley Burns and Kathleen Kerwin were the big winners, with each taking home a Grand Prize Basket filled with more than $700 worth of yarns and needlework accessories after having their passports stamped at all 14 shops on the 2012 “Shop Hop.”
Diana Doernberg was awarded the Awesome Prize Basket filled with more than $500 in merchandise for having her name drawn from those who visited 10 shops, while Vicky Williams took home the Cool Prize Basket worth more than $350 from among those who visited five shops.
Yarn and needlework accessories for the four big prize baskets were provided by the 22 participating sponsors (listed to the left). In addition, each of the 14 shops on the tour had separate drawings for their own prize baskets. Winners of all 18 prize baskets include:
Grand Prize Winners
* Shirley Burns
* Kathleen Kerwin
10-Shop Prize Winner
* Diana Doernberg
5-Shop Prize Winner
* Vicky Williams
Individual Shop Prize Winners
* Regina Harden (Birds of a Feather)
* Pam Dewitt (Black Locust Farm)
* Erin Vannice (Calla Lily Yarn & Gifts)
* Fern Braverman (Ewes d’Bleu)
* Maura Mackin (Fine Points)
* Bernie Liles (Knitting on the Square)
* Helaine Crawford (My Sister’s Yarn Shop)
* Carolyn Williams (River Colors Studio)
* Lora Banks (Smith’s Knitshop)
* Megan Weiss (Soft ‘n Sassy Fiber Arts)
* Sharron Deka (Studio Knit)
* Erin McAnallen (The Artful Yarn)
* Tina Hanlon (The Designing Woman)
* Shirley Burns (The Knit Shop)
First held in 2008, Yarn Discovery Tour is an annual event for fiber enthusiasts to become more familiar with their local yarn shops throughout Northeast Ohio.
Rules for participation in this year’s event were similar to last year with the additions that every “tourist” who visited all 14 shops received a Yarn Discovery Tour 2012 t-shirt, and two Grand Prize Baskets were awarded instead of just one:
1. Purchase a $5 passport from any participating shop listed and receive a YDT goody bag.
2. Spend a minimum of $10 at a participating shop from September 7-22, get your passport stamped, and receive a free pattern and entry in a drawing for that shop’s prize basket ($100 value).
3. Get your passport stamped at multiple shops, and qualify for drawings for prize baskets full of hundreds of dollars of yarns and accessories:
* 5 shops — One Cool Prize Basket
* 10 shops — One Awesome Prize Basket
* All 14 shops — Two Grand Prize Baskets!